Are you looking for a way to add more greens to your diet without sacrificing flavor? Look no further than sprouts salad! Made with freshly sprouted seeds or beans, this nutrient-packed salad is not only delicious but also incredibly easy to make. In this article, we will guide you through the steps of creating a simple yet satisfying sprouts salad that you can enjoy any time of day. So let’s get started!
- 1 cup of your choice of sprouted seeds (such as alfalfa, clover, broccoli, or radish)
- 1/4 cup of chopped nuts or seeds (such as sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, or almonds)
- 1/4 cup of dried fruit (such as raisins, cranberries, or cherries)
- 1/4 cup of grated carrot or beets
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh herbs (such as parsley, cilantro, or mint)
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Step 1: Rinse the sprouted seeds under cold water and pat them dry with a paper towel. Place them in a large bowl.
Step 2: Add the chopped nuts or seeds, dried fruit, grated vegetables, and chopped herbs to the bowl with the sprouts.
Step 3: In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper until well combined. Pour the dressing over the salad mixture and toss everything together until evenly coated.
Step 4: Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
As you can see, making a sprouts salad is incredibly easy and requires very few ingredients. Not only does it provide a great source of vitamins and minerals, but it’s also low in calories and high in fiber, making it a perfect addition to any healthy meal plan. Whether you’re a seasoned cook or just starting out in the kitchen, this sprouts salad recipe is sure to become a staple in your household. So go ahead and give it a try today!