Oats have long been considered a healthy breakfast option due to their high fiber content and nutritional benefits. However, many people may not know how to cook oats in a way that is both tasty and healthy. In this article, we will provide a step-by-step guide on how to make healthy oats that are easy to prepare and packed with flavor.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 cups water or unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Chopped nuts and fresh fruit for topping (optional)
- Rinse the rolled oats in a fine mesh strainer and place them in a medium saucepan.
- Add the water or unsweetened almond milk and salt to the saucepan and stir well.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cinnamon and vanilla extract (if using) to the saucepan and mix well.
- Serve the oats hot, topped with chopped nuts and fresh fruit if desired.
Making healthy oats at home is quick, easy, and delicious! By following these simple steps, you can enjoy a hearty and nutritious breakfast that will keep you energized throughout the day. Don’t be afraid to experiment with different toppings and ingredients to find your perfect combination. Happy eating!